The original kitchen in this home was a very small galley-style kitchen measuring 8x10 feet. As part of the home rebuild the kitchen was opened up and extended to 13x15 feet.
To design and construct a warm and functional kitchen that combined modern and traditional styles. The main requirements for the kitchen from the homeowner were:
- Good size island for prep and baking,
- Ample countertop area,
- Built-in oven,
- Quality range hood,
- Base cabinets to comprise mostly drawers,
- Some glass doors in upper cabinets,
- Appliance garage,
- Deep window well,
- Good lighting,
- Sink with drainer.
- Cherry cabinets,
- Polished concrete countertops,
- Cork flooring,
- Cultured stone in the window well.